Our language school has introduced the 50+ programme for participants aged 50 and older. This course focuses on "older citizens" who would like to refresh their French skills in a group of their peers and experience French culture at the same time.
The course is an ideal combination of 15 lessons (45 minutes each) of general French in the mornings and a balanced culture and leisure programme. Subjects covered in class are related to the afternoon activities. With the help of up-to-date instruction material like newspaper articles and video recordings, participants acquire French skills in an enjoyable way by engaging in discussions and role plays.
Great emphasis is put on the practical application of the language through communication and listening comprehension. The goal of the course is to let participants achieve the greatest possible autonomy in dealing with the French language.
- Monday, 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm: visit Nice’s historic district; historic and picturesque sights.
- Tuesday, 1.30 pm – 6 pm: trip to Beaulieu and Saint Jean Cap Ferrat, visiting Kerylos and Rothschild Mansion
- Wednesday, 5 pm - 8 pm: Cuisine Provençale, wine tasting.
- Thursday, 1.30 pm - 6 pm: trip to Cagnes sur Mer, visit Renoir Museum
- Friday afternoon: free time
- Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm: excursion to Entrevaux, sightseeing in the medieval mountain village
- Sunday afternoon: attend a concert in Nice’s opera venue
- Monday afternoon : trip to the Chagall Museum
- Tuesday, 1.30 pm - 6 pm: excursion to Villefrance sur Mer
- Wednesday, 6 pm - 8 pm: salsa evening
- Thursday, 7.30 pm - 11 pm: restaurant visit
- Friday: shopping
You will travel by bus and train on your excursions, accompanied by a teacher (no chaperone on Sunday and on the last Friday afternoon). Courses are organised four times a year in February, May, August/September and October. In February, the leisure programme varies to allow you to experience the famous Nice carnival.
Courses are scheduled to take 2 weeks. CEFR ability level A2 is required for participation. If you have any questions regarding your journey to France, we’d be glad to advise you.